Posted by Sharon Correll on 2016-12-13 04:28:50
We have recently simplified the form that allows you to submit contributions to ScriptSource. The new form allows you to enter a title and simple text contents, hiding the more complicated information that you normally don't need to worry about.
As previously, the contents can be formatted using some basic markup described here.
When you use this simple form, we will supply default values for several of the meta-data fields:
- The copyright will be simply the current year.
- The license will be Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.
- The contributor will be the person creating the entry.
- The entry will be associated with whatever core item and subject area you were previously looking at (e.g., if you were looking at a list of fonts for the Bengali script, your entry will appear on that page).
If you need to change any of these values, or add an image to your entry, you can toggle the extra controls by clicking on the gray bar:
In addition to text entries, you can create entries with other kinds of information, such as:
- video or audio file
- file or document for download
- link to a web page or software package
- reference to a book or bibliographic resource
- idea or question for others to comment on
- description of a need for software, research, or development work
To contribute this kind of information, click the link near the top of the page:
We hope these changes will make it simplier and easier to add information to ScriptSource. We look forward to receiving your contributions!